Monday, May 20, 2013

Blue Notes

Elena Perminova : top and trousers are Au Jour Le Jour, shoes are Valentino and bag is by Chanel. (image: vogue)
Gorgeous cobalt via What Do I Wear

Despite the fact wardrobe (mostly black) and apartment decor (red, green, black, and white) may indicate otherwise, blue is my ultimate favorite color. When I was younger I begged for a blue room, but my mother tried told me it would be much too depressing.

A little slice of nail polish heaven

One will certainly find proof of my lapis love in my predominantly blue nail polish collection, and recently the color has found its way into other areas of my makeup stash with the purchase of Chanel's Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Blue Note, a summer 2013 limited edition hue.

Chanel Inimitable Waterproof Mascaras
Blue Note on the right, image courtesy of Beautezine

While the last time I experimented with colored mascara was in high school (in the heyday of face glitter and Bonne Bell, I also regularly wore periwinkle and burgundy mascara by Make Up For Ever), I have now donned cobalt lashes for the past three Saturdays and I don't hate it. I may even need a backup supply because I think Rebs circa 1998 had the right idea.


Blue french tips and lashes are far from solemn - pardon my extreme Photo Booth close-up smirk

I have always been one to embrace bold makeup, and it is unlikely that is going to change...not just yet anyway.


Do you have a favorite color? Would you wear it on your lashes?

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

I was wearing blue mascara 25 years ago and I'm done with it, but it looks grate on you and I love your collection of nailpolish! xxx Gabrielle