Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Crème de Rose by Any Other Name

When it comes to lip products (okay, and nail polish), I hoard. Hoard, perhaps, is even a bit of an understatement. Let's just put it this way, I own a lot of lipstick, lipgloss, and lip balm. More than a person would need in a lifetime. I know, I know, trust me. You don't have to say it.

Nevertheless, despite a never-ending supply of color and moisturizer, I am always tempted by a product that offers just a slight variation on a red, or a smoother touch to my dry winter lips. So when I read about Dior's Crème de Rose balm on Runway Hippie, I knew I had to try it, especially knowing I had a discount cosmetic event coming up though work (ah, the perks of working for a department store).

Dior Crème de Rose, front and center

So, a few too many dollars later, I am here to tell you that it was worth it, maybe even at full price. I am usually a Palmer's Cocoa Butter advocate (still am), but for the high end set, this balm is so smooth and rich and, I mean, it smells like roses. Now that's sweet.

No comments: