Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday Beauty PSA - Fast Fresh Face

Because on Wednesday I couldn't get out of bed in the morning.

If you read my blog, you should already know the following things about me:
- I love beauty products
- I often choose lazy over everything

Putting on one's "face" seems like the anti-lazy person's ideal, but let me tell you that there really are some simple and easy steps to look instantly pulled together, even on a tight schedule.

You know the scenario: the idea of sleeping for just 30 more minutes sounds way more enjoyable than showing up to work with curled hair and perfected eye makeup. In situations like these, I rely heavily on the following:

- Pssst Dry Shampoo. I have touched on this product in a previous post, and whichever brand you favor, dry shampoo is a lifesaver for me. A few spritzes and I instantly feel better. After almost 30 years of hiding unwashed hair, I no longer fear oversleeping. I now clearly embrace it.

- Conair's Bun Maker. As someone with fine hair and not a ton of it, most of my attempts at buns just seem sad and small so I have NO shame when it comes to using a little filler. There are a lot of products out there (Hot Buns anyone?), but the Conair Bun Maker is easily purchased at any drugstore, Target, Ulta, etc. Not to mention that a Bun Maker bun looks much more "done" and fools coworkers into thinking you tried harder than you did. Trust me on this one.

The Hair Necessities

- Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Nude. There's a not-so-secret-beauty-trick that lining your waterline with white eyeliner gives the appearance of being more awake, but I recently learned that the same can be achieved with nude eyeliner, and in a far less dramatic way. Every time I would rim my lids with my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, it just felt...scary and unnatural. But when I read about the Rimmel eyeliner, I realized there was a far more natural way to get that doll-eye look. I tend to pair mine with a simple winged cat-eye, but if you are more pressed for time, I recommend Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe for a no-primer-needed, gorgeous wash of color.

- Bright blush: I don't really have a "go-to" blush, but these days I reach most often for Maybelline's Master Glaze Blush Stick in Pink Fever. A few swipes in a pop of pink instantly adds life and energy to your face.

- Highlighting powder. Now, this is a new one for me. I didn't own a highlighting powder until last week but since purchasing one I've been using it every day. I do have a free sample of Benefit's Watt's Up and am definitely a fan, but when I stumbled upon Maybelline's Master Hi-Light Powdered Blush (can you see I have a thing for Maybelline these days?) in Nude (Permanent) and Natural (LE), I was wooed by their shimmer and color (and the reviews online weren't bad either!). Brush a bit of this shimmery goodness over your cheekbones and temples (hell go for the nose and cupids-bow if you are so inclined) to get that "oh-so-rested" glow.

3 Products is all it takes!

- Pink Lips. A matte, creme, or even glossy light pink lip is my first choice for a fresh face. Yesterday morning I chose Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate in 17 because it's a soft, creamy, neutral pink. I tend to prefer something light and easy to keep anyone from catching on to the fact that I haven't showered in over 24 hours...

On Wednesdays we wear pink. Check out the pocket mirror that I bought in '99!

So next time you see me in the office sporting the above products/makeup look/hair, you may want to steer clear. Just kidding guys, I don't smell.

Right?!

No comments: