Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Right to Choos...and Blahniks, Louboutins, Zanottis...

While it is easy to take issue with many of the story lines in "Sex and the City," and I would never utter the words "I'm totally a Carrie," I can't say there haven't been a few quotes that resonated with me. 
Truth be told, Carrie Bradshaw and I do share some superficial commonalities. I happen to live on the same block her address claims she resided (since we all know that brownstone is actually in the West Village), I daydream about being a writer (different topics of course), and my little Upper East Side rent stabilized studio comes with an over-sized closet stuffed to the brim with shoes. So it won't come as a surprise that the message in Season 6's "A Woman's Right to Shoes" hit a little close to home. 
At the end of the episode, Carrie explains that "The fact is, sometimes it’s really hard to walk in a single woman’s shoes. That’s why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun.” 
And because this isn't a dating blog, I will not go into detail about the trials and tribulations of being single in New York City; but it is certainly no secret that I could write an entire book based solely on those experiences. It will suffice to say that Carrie Bradshaw got it right, sometimes an exceptional pair of shoes is just what a single girl needs to put a little extra spring in her step. 
Luckily for me, I was able to combine my patience for a sale and my work discount to snag the perfect pick me up. 
My lovely leopard cobalt creatures
Peek-A-Blue
As the New Year approaches, I have the satisfaction of knowing that whatever 2014 holds, I will be hitting the mean streets of Manhattan in some fierce and fabulous footwear.

No comments: