Sunday, August 21, 2011

What I'm Falling For...

Yes, I know, it still feels like summer outside (at least this heat wave seems to have broken, thank heavens), but where I work, August marks the beginning of our fall season. The catalogs are out and the sweaters are making their way to the shelves; not to mention that we are already planning for the holidays! And of course, August is my favorite month of the year - because all the September magazines are hitting the shelves. Which are now sitting in a nice stack on my coffee table...mmmm....


Get that girl a magazine rack, she's got issues.

With all this in mind, I have obviously begun thinking about what I will be wearing, or rather, what, if anything, I could validate purchasing in the upcoming, cooler months. We all know I have plenty of clothes but not plenty of money, so it is important to reinvent my current wardrobe into the new Fall 2011 trends.

What tops my list of "most excited to wear" items is:
Pleated skirts - I was SO excited to find this Theory one on super sale last November,


but I happen to be even more pumped about this vibrant red midi length from H&M.


I couldn't get a good pic of mine, so I yanked this from ChickAdvisor.com

It was shoved in a random rack and happened to be my size, and of course I couldn't beat the $17 price tag. Now I'm on a pleated midi skirt kick and completely drooling over this Asos version. Pretty awesome in the green or the navy and I'm really tempted...


Image credit Asos.com

2) Slippers as legit footwear. I have a now not-so-secret love for Stubbs & Wooten (I'd totally rock the skull embroidered pair), but the nearly $400 price tag is a more than just a bit out of my range. This fall Tibi is collaborating with Del Toro, but if I jump this bandwagon I'll be looking at more viable (read: cheaper) options over at Bloomingdales.com. Like this...and this...oh yeah and this.


Pirates arrrrrgh cool.

And since you've noticed a little theme in the provided links...

3) Leopard flats. I have become obsessed with almost anything leopard print (my H&M scarf purchase from last year is one of my overused fall accessories), and leopard nails have become my go-to nail art.


Please ignore my naked face and scarf over race shirt combination

I already have a pair of leopard Tory Burch Revas, but after about 5 years of being lovingly worn, my pinky toe seems to have bore a little hole through the leather. I know, a little TMI for ya. So I'm kind of in the market for a replacement...(and I do have two shoe club cards burning a hole in my wallet).



It might be between the above Kelsi Dagger flats or a pair by Calvin Klein. Thoughts?

...and because I could always use another pair of basic flats...maybe these in black or tan?


Tory Burch Revas at Bloomingdales.com


4) A new bag. Or a clutch. A pouch? I'm undecided. There are so many luxurious satchels out there (Celine, Phillip Lim), but well, you know the drill at those prices (avoid. avoid. avoid). I also have obsessed on many occasions over the Celine pouch carried around town (and Paris, and Milan...) by the fabulous Taylor Tomasi Hill, but recently discovered there exists a pretty close duplicate by Comme des Garçonnes that doesn't exactly break the bank. I also adore this Rachel Rachel Roy crossbody and this super sophisticated Ann Taylor structured bag.

Image credits HeyCrazy, Le Fashion, Rachel by Rachel Roy, and Street FSN

5) Dark nail polish. While I know that just a few months ago I was looking forward to wearing neons, I am now pretty much over the bright, light, colors and am ready for the dark grays and jewel tones that fall brings. I already busted out my Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees earlier this week, and on my newly cut short nails, I liked it! The great thing about nail polish, is I definitely have a million colors at my fingertips (yes, pun intended), so I don't have to buy anything new...

I suggest you try the following amazing hues to add to your cold-weather rotation:


Clockwise from top: Illamasqua Phallic, Nars Zulu, Essie Dive Bar, Opi Sapphire in the Snow, Zoya Edyta, Chanel Graphite

And because every bargain hunter loves some good upscale inspiration, I will leave you with the following, drool-worthy video:

Taylor's Take: Taylor Tomasi Hill Styles Amanda Hearst in Her Fall Must-Haves for Barneys New York from Barneys The Window on Vimeo.


No comments: