Friday, March 15, 2013

App Happy

Not soon after I joined Twitter, one of the few people that follow me tweeted that if I like makeup (um, more like love), I should follow BeautyLish. I took her suggestion to heart and did exactly that. From there I downloaded the iPhone application, giving myself access to a seemingly endless supply of images of gorgeous makeup and nails with just simple finger swipe. But for serious people, these users have mad skillz. Yeah, I wrote skills with a "z." That's how much talent the BeautyLish members possess.

Then, just last week, I received an email for $10 off in their recently launched online boutique. Being the beauty junkie that I am, I happily obliged. See, I have this problem with discounts...it is nearly impossible for me to refuse them. Especially on the following items:

- Nail polish
- Makeup
- Shoes

When my package arrived, I expected to find exactly what I ordered: a very pretty lip gloss that I of course totally needed (purchase rationalization is one of my greatest strengths).

But what I actually received was so, so much more.


Personalized notes, free samples, what more could a girl ask for?

Customer service is a big deal, and BeautyLish nailed it. And because it would be selfish to contain my excitement, I felt it necessary to send a little love their way...and perhaps some new customers? It was the least I could do to thank them for the discount, sample, and lovely notes.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go check out their nail community page to see if I can get any ideas for a St. Patrick's Day manicure...

No comments: