Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Major Score

When wardrobe wants weigh me down, I try to remind myself that patience is a virtue. I believe in clothing kismet - if it is meant to be, it will be.

My desire to own a varsity jacket developed about 6 months ago when the trend first emerged. But, unsurprisingly, as it tends to be in the early stages before an item finds its way into the mainstream, I had trouble spotting a version that struck quite the right chord. (And trust me, I looked) There was a brief moment in November when I thought my search was over, ordering this jacket from Forever21, but it was returned shortly after it arrived.

varsity jacket
Image Credit Where Did U Get That
varsity-jacket-and-skirt-via-pintrest
Image Credit Bloggersmag
Photobucket
Image Credit Because I'm Addicted
As a shopper who never gives up without a fight...or at least a good long hard wait, I kept my eyes and ears open for the item that would soon solve my sporty situation. Then, last Thursday, in my usual Google Reader scroll, I came upon this post by Diana of Dressed Up Alligators.

Not only did her Aeropostale jacket fill the varsity void, it was also majorly on sale. A few clicks and it was ordered, speedily appearing at my office Tuesday morning. So what better way to score a Wednesday win than with a little bit of team spirit. Talk about a cure for the varsity blues.

Aeropostale jacket with grandmother's pin. Super old Miss Sixty sling backs.

Go Rebs!

No comments: