Monday, January 7, 2013

Manicurious

(My post title sounds a bit like some disease or a hush-hush, private deviance, doesn't it?)

I don't need to remind you that I love nail polish and painting my nails. You already know that my desire to accumulate more nail colors and change up my manicure two to three times a week is borderline obsessive. So rather than tell you anything, I have decided to intermittently post my favorite nail polishes (new and old) and well as manicures, because the nail varnish that covers my fingertips is just as important an ingredient to my personal style as say, a pair of fabulous shoes.

With that, I leave you with my most recent manicure (soon to be replaced with Chanel's Malice, courtesy of my wonderful coworker, whose mother so graciously gifted it to me). Early in the weekend I painted my nails with OPI's "Lincoln Park After Dark," a rich and creamy shade of brownish purple that was released in 2005 as part of the Chicago Collection but has since remained a permanent fixture in OPI's line (you can find it at your local drugstore or beauty supply). I actually may have purchased my bottle in 2005, and I also think I hadn't worn it in well over a year. This is the problem one encounters when one has more nail polish than there are days in the year...I haven't checked recently but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

















 


This polish may be an oldie, but it is definitely a goodie. Perfect formula, perfect fall/winter color.


No comments: