Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday PSA

This is my hair on drugs
This is my hair on Kérastase
 Any questions?

(Okay, the top caption is a total lie, but you knew that already.)

The top photo, rather, is what my hair looks like when I wash it, put it up in a bun, don't wash it, then let it down. As that picture was taken, I was about to spray in some dry shampoo because there was no way in hell I was getting in that shower. Major #ThailandVacationProblems. My life is so tragic, clearly.

The second caption though is a major truth. I took a quick little photo booth pic of myself to show you what happens when my perfectly straight, flat-ironed hair is left out in the rain after using Kérastase Oléo-Relax products. I do not have any pictorial evidence of what my hair would look like post-rain under normal, non Kérastase circumstances, because you would have to pay me a significant amount of money to wear my hair down, let alone allow for it to be photographed. My Facebook photos can attest to that. You will just have to believe me when I tell you that instead of what is pictured above, you would see a hot mess of frizzy curls that feel less like actual hair and more like a barrel of hay on the top of my head.

While Kérastase doesn't come cheap, you definitely get what you pay for. And since you don't need to use it every day, it is pretty easy to make it last. (I'm guessing here, but I think my shampoo and conditioner last about 8 months. I am just now trying the serum, so I will have to report back on its shelf life at a later date.) Plus, it is produced by L'Oreal so...you know...you're worth it.

No comments: