Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wrap it up already!

So here is a trend I'm already over and it has seems to only just begun reaching full swing: the Keffiyeh scarves.

Sure we've all heard the phrase "The Personal is Political" but I don't think that was a commentary on personal style, so I'm a little confused how this political statement has turned into...well...a fashion statement. And not a very cute one at that.

Despite being dedicated to finding my own individual style, I know that it is impossible to not spot a girl in the H&M dress I happen to be wearing, or find myself purchasing a pair of ubiquitous Tory Burch flats (even if mine are in leopard). However, if I had a dollar for every time I caught someone wearing this scarf in one day, I would be one very wealthy woman. Doesn't anyone think it looks like you're wearing a picnic tablecloth around your neck???

Personally, I'm fine with my Marimekko for H&M scarf, and have yet to see anyone else with it.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

I love the Houndstooth in it, though. And it makes me think of Dubai, so I've always loved them. I'm surprised that they're in now and weren't earlier . . . I of course have me a fancier version just in black and red.